Social Commitment Social Contribution
Sharing and caring are strengths that create future value for Korea Zinc.
Korea Zinc people will continue to strive for sharing management for a world where everyone can be happy and smile.
In order to live a happy life together
with local stakeholders, we carry out
various programs to support the
underprivileged and social
contribution activities every year.
- In 2020, Korea Zinc provided support and donations of approximately 6.62 billion won to social contribution projects such as living expenses support for the underprivileged, helping neighbors affected by floods, emergency COVID-19 Relief Fund, and support for sister schools.
- In order to coexist with the local community, Korea Zinc is reaching out to local residents by holding events such as sharing holiday food and sharing briquettes of love.
- Purchasing local agricultural products is carried out for the development of the local economy.
- The Ulsan area, where the Onsan refinery is located, suffers from frequent damage from the rainy season and typhoons, making it difficult for farmers. Korea Zinc purchases agricultural products that are severely damaged by natural disasters every year. In 2020, Korea Zinc supported local farms affected by the rainy season and typhoons by purchasing local agricultural products worth 46 million won.
- Habitat Korea is conducting a residential environment improvement project.
- The residential environment improvement project is a project to improve residential efficiency by improving inefficiencies in buildings for low-income households and welfare facilities. From May to December, 2020, Korea Zinc carried out a residential environment improvement project for 2 households in Seoul and 12 households in Ulsan, and a total of KRW 150 million was invested in social contribution expenses.